Wonderful opportunity for OSI: PLEASE HELP!

Anne Stadler annestad at sprynet.com
Fri Feb 28 16:26:08 PST 1997

Peggy has done a wonderful thing!! (Among many wonderful things she has
done to nurture and grow the space for OSI!).  This time, she has made
an agreement with Alis Valencia, Editor of Berrett Koehler's bi-monthly
publication AT WORK: In about two weeks, OSI and Berrett Koehler will
send out a mailing to Harrison Owen's Open Space list, and Berrett
Koehler's list announcing BOTH!! One side will be a page about growing
OSI and inviting people to join, the other will advertise the
March-April issue of AT WORK, which is chock full of stories of Open
Space At Work. It's a great issue!!  and a real gift to all us OS
learners and practicioners!

This mailing needs to happen in about two weeks time.  The March-April
issue is due out @ March 10th.

However, there is one small item OSI needs to take care of.  OSI and
Berrett Koehler are sharing the mailing costs, although Berrett Koehler
is doing the printing and mailing (thank goodness!!).  And we need to
raise $1500 to cover OSI's estimated share.

I am asking you to PLEASE help us raise the $1500.  You could do it very
simply: If you are not already a member of OSI, you could join OSI for
$70.00 (payable in installments, if needed).  AND if you want to, you
could get one other member to join OSI.  That would be a huge HELP!

Peggy was antsy about going ahead, because we do not have the money in
the bank. But all of us who were sitting in the room the other night
with Peggy said: "Let's go ahead and DO the mailing.  The AT WORK issue
is terrific! It will be a gret help to all Open Spacers-- and it
couldn't be more timely to let people know about BOTH, and encourage
people to become part of OSI's learning community. We'll each take
responsibility for trying to get the money we need for the mailing."
So, we're trusting that our efforts will bear fruit.

Please let me know your response to my request.  If you decide to join
OSI, be assured you're helping to GROW the OSI learning community. We
are truly trying to practice open space principles, values, and rituals
in how we are organizing and working.  People have helped us get this
far by simply taking responsibility for what they care about.
You can send your check made out to OSI to me at 18468--47th Place NE,
Seattle, WA, 98155-- or to Peggy Holman (to whom I will send it)15347-SE
49th Place, Bellevue 98006.

Love, Anne