marketing

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Thu Apr 3 06:12:53 PST 1997

Barry, your timing, in my opinion for unlurking couldn't be better. You
have been sitting there in the background with all of that marvelous
selling, marketing, etc. experience and we have deep need of that. You have
probably realized that collectively, it is not where our strength is.
Sure...we have some good ideas but so far there is no cohesion on the
thought processes to do with marketing. Probably couldn't have been at that
stage to date, but it seems to me that the timing for really thinking
marketing and so on through from OSI's is NOW--with the just released At
Work featuring Open Space and with Harrison's soon to be released book. The
folks in Seattle have done super work in getting an "ad" attached to this.
But I think that we need something more, and someone who knows a bit more
about the world of sales than we do to take some leadership. I don't want
to make the assumption that because sales is one part of your life, that
you want to bring this into the OS part of your life, but I would like to
point out that the set of skills that you bring (a combination of the sales
and the knowledge about/passion for Open Space and your worldview) is badly
needed just about now. Your thoughts?

And about closet cleaning. One of life's most important works, in my
opinion.

And about thoughts of uprooting and moving. It is my experience that to be
really deeply connected with where Open Space fits into the scheme of
things, one must experience risk taking and letting go. And getting into
the Open Space with your life.

Birgitt Bolton