Hi there!

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
Tue Dec 17 10:52:11 PST 1996

It is customary on many lists for list members to introduce themselves when
they join. I thought it might not be a bad idea for us to do the same here.
So here goes.

My name is Murli Nagasundaram.  I am an Assistant Prof of Computer
Information Systems in the College of Business at Boise State U.  Been here
for the past 2 1/2 years.  Out of the University of Georgia.  I teach
courses in information systems, creative problem solving, and
teamwork/technologies for collaboration.

In previous lives: I co-founded a software startup called Collaborative
Technologies Corp. about a decade ago, and helped develop a "group support
system" called VisionQuest, which has been used in some universities and
corporate settings.  My current research relates to supporting face to face
or distributed groups through use of information technology, and am
particularly interested in exploring creative processes when mediated by
information technology.

I am a recent convert to OpenSpace, having been first introduced to the
concept last April at the American Creativity Association conference in
Minneapolis. I tried it out in summer when I taught at a business school in
India, and now would like to explore other opportunities to use open space.
My colleague, an excellent meeting facilitator, was first skeptical about
open space, since it involves so much of letting go--in many ways
antithetical to the process of meeting facilitation.  But I am hoping to
help him see the light (;-)).

So.

murli

Murli Nagasundaram, Ph.D
Asst. Professor, Computer Information Systems
College of Business, Boise State University
Boise, ID 83725-1615 USA
voice:(208) 385-3905; fax:(208) 385-1135; email:rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
Home Page: http://www.idbsu.edu/business/murli/
Minds are like parachutes-they operate only when they are open
                        --Anon, that prolific quotist