Hello's

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Tue Dec 17 16:32:52 PST 1996

Murli--thanks for getting this going and for Peg getting you going.

I'm Larry Peterson and I been intentionally opening space since 1990 when I
first encountered Harrison. I was blown away by Open Space and the process
perspectives behind it. I was at that time the coordinator of a Canada-wide
network on Homelessness, which I had helped to organize as its first staff
person. I was exploring Organizational Transformation perspectives that
provided language for the transformative changes the network was fostering.
I've been part of Meta-Net's discussion on Open Space since the beginning
and am a fan of cyber connections. I hope the listserve can provide a more
wide spread conversation.

I have an Electrical Engineering degree, a Doctorate in Religion and have
been an independent consultant with a broad range of organizations since
1991-92. I was also a founder of the Open Space Institute of Canada and I
have e-mailed the news of the list serve to those on my e-mail list. I have
heard that some are joining.

After a few more get on, I will send more informaiton on the Open Space on
Open Space Research that we (both Open Space Institutes) are holding in
Toronto February 20-22, 1997. We hope to have a discussion on what we are
learning and how to better document it. We know that some formal research
has been and is being done. Some in corporations not yet ready to share
what
they have learned. Marcelene is doing her doctorate on self-organization.
Marlene has already completed her doctorate on Open Space. We want to
stimulate research, learning and writing and have fun.